Friday, June 10, 2011

lanceleaf liveforever ~ 06/10/11 ~ Pinnacles




So often this Dudleya is growing on rocks in hard to reach places. I was so intent on getting a better picture that I clambered up to the rock without thinking. When I was done and looked around, I realized what a precarious position I had gotten myself into with a steep drop off and surrounded by poison oak. Looking down from great heights makes me feel dizzy and unsure of my footing. It's an odd sensation, especially because I never had a problem with the balance beam in gymnastics, nor do I think twice about looking down from a building or an airplane. I probably won't take up rock climbing anytime soon.

2 comments:

Imperfect and Tense said...

A plant name that wouldn't be out of place on a race horse! Thanks for risking life and limb to take the pic.

Katie (Nature ID) said...

That's a good one, Graeme.